1. How long does this coverage last?
Coverage commences the day the application is received by Group Insurance Solutions and continues to September 30, 2017.
2. Is my child covered for sports/field trips?
Yes. The student is covered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week no matter if he is playing hockey or watching TV.
3. Which is the best coverage?
The best coverage is the Super Plan Plus as it offers the highest benefit limits such as $350,000 in Total and Permanent Disability, $30,000 Accidental Death Benefit, Out-Of-Province Sickness & Accident Emergency Medical up to $100,000, and Future Dental After 10 years of $1,500 Per Tooth.
4. Which is the most common plan people get?
We have plans to suit any family's budget. Our most common plan is the Super Plan Plus.
5. If I don't want to apply online, where should I send my application to?
The application is sent to Group Insurance Solutions for processing. The address is:
Western Financial Group Insurance Solutions
Student Accident Insurance
201-600 Empress Street
Winnipeg, MB R3G 0R5
6. Can a university student and grade student be under the same plan?
No. They can use one application, however, the university student can only apply for the University Plan.
7. Will the plan cover my child's eyeglasses if they break?
Yes, provided that the student's glasses break as a result of an injury as defined in the policy and that injury results in the student requiring and receiving medical attention from a physician, dentist or nurse.
8. How and when should an accident be reported?
An accident must be reported within 60 days of the accident. Individuals can call Old Republic Insurance Company of Canada at 1-800-463-5437. The accident report can be done on the phone. Old Republic Insurance Company of Canada handles all claims.
9. Coordination of benefits? Who pays first?
Coverage under this policy is secondary to all government, group and private medical plans. Benefits under this policy are payable after exhausting any other coverages with any other insurance company.
10. If a child is being home-schooled, can they be covered under the Student Accident Program?
Yes, however, the curriculum must be approved by the school board or Minister (Admin.) of Education.
11. Once premium payment is made, does Group Insurance Solutions send a policy with a confirmation of coverage?
Old Republic Insurance Company of Canada will send you a Confirmation of Coverage and a Policy brochure via email or mail as specified by you.
*NOTE: Out-of-Province Emergency Medical Coverage is limited to a maximum duration of 30 days per any one trip during the policy period.